Module 1: Welcome to Finland 1
Module 2: Finnish Working culture 1
Module 3: Quality service for customers 1
Module 4: Working passports 1
PREPARING TO MOVE TO FINLAND
Necessary documents and items for successful emigration :
Proof of Identity
- Passport is valid for at least one year
- Absolute minimum of six months but better if has a few years left on it
Payments and cash flow
- Credit card info and expiry date
- At least two cards that you know will function in the country.
- Ensure that they won’t expire within the next year.
- Find out your international bank account number and learn how/what you need to be able to do international transfers
- Make sure all loans/student loans are set up for direct deposit and you have enough money left in your home country to continue paying them off
- Health and travel insurance with the right amount of coverage and for the entire length of stay.
Education and certificates
- School transcripts (in PDF or scanned form, but also bring the original copies)
- Ensure that you reserve plenty of time to order/track them down before you plan to depart for Finland, older transcripts can be hard to find
- Ensure that the original copies are in either Finnish, Swedish or English, and if they are not, they need to be translated and notarised to prove that they are correct
- High school, college, other diplomas and certifications to prove your skills (Also bring originals)
- Be prepared to redo/take equivalency courses for local certificates
Work experience & skills
- Work pay slips/ reference letters/ references to help prove your work experience
- Start looking for jobs way earlier than you think, apply for them and ask if you can have Skype interviews rather than in-person interviews
- Tax forms and pay slips so you can do your taxes back in your home country
- Also, learn if you need to continue paying taxes on the income you have earned abroad
More points to consider
- Find a trusted person(family) in your home country to act as your financial signatory to help you with financial matters when you can’t be present
- Find a place to live: if it is in the summer, many student-housing rooms are available, but they will only be for a short term until school starts again in mid-August.
- This website might be of your interest: Relocation Services Finland