HOW TO APPLY
WANTED: Tourism professionals
Tourism Industry is growing more than ever in Finland and motivated professionals are needed. Most of the vacancies are at the moment for seasonal work but the seasons are getting longer - so in long term there will be work for longer periods and seasonal work can be combined from one area to another.
We wanted to make it easier for you!
Hopefully this video helps you to get all the information needed
If you are looking for a job, you can also use this check-list:
- Basic English is required so that the applicant do understand the instructions given by the supervisor and can have a chat with clients.
- Professional skills: there are open vacancies for cooks and waiters as well as for outdoor activity guides and assistants for events. Studies and working experience are expected.
Procedure to follow:
- Contact the unemployment office in your home town
- Open profile in Eures - page as a job seeker
You can also find open vacancies in private recruitment offices' webpages
(Smile Henkilöstöpalvelut, Barona, Staffpoint)
- Detailed instructions can be found in job offer forms
- You normally get email and a link with instructions to follow
- Many recruitment offices have a platform where one can directly make a video answering the questions in English (applicant can make the video as many times as needed and send the best version
- Reference persons' contact info is needed (normally two reference persons are needed)
- Recruitment officer then sends material to their clients ( employers) and they get back to you in couple of days
- Recruitment officer can also ask for permission to send the applications to several companies
- From the moment application has been sent the whole procedure takes about one week, they are working very well in that sense
- The private recruitment office normally takes care of contracts, accommodation etc together with employer
If the contract will be signed, you should take care of transport by yourself.
- Flights can be found quite easily from main European cities to Helsinki o to Luleå (in Sweden, in case of working in Lapland as Luleå is very close to Finnish Lapland) and there are connection by plane, train or bus to the destinations.
Please note the different seasons
- All the year round vacancies can be found in Helsinki metropolitan area.
- Most of the open vacancies in winter season are in Lapland which probably is an attractive place to work as it is the most lively winter destination with beautiful sceneries having the story of Santa Claus as part of the attraction and there are plenty of outdoor activities like snowboarding, alpine skiing, cross-country skiing to do.
- In summer season there are vacancies in Finnish archipelago area in western part and in Lakeland area in eastern and middle part of Finland
You might also be interested in to watch testimonial videos of professionals working in Finland